Working at SKYBAR 747 in the Corendon Village Hotel Amsterdam
The brand new 4-star Corendon Village Hotel Amsterdam opened her doors in spring 2018 in Badhoevedorp. The hotel consists of three seperate wings: Plaza, Apartments & Urban. Together they offer more than 680 rooms, suites, studios and apartments. The hotel features several restaurants, bars, spa facilities, fitness, a swimming pool, a cinema, ten multifunctional meeting rooms and last but not least: the SKYBAR 747 at the ninth floor of the building, overlooking Amsterdam and Schiphol Airport. Are you the enthusiastic, motivated, and service oriented Bartender who wants to be part of the SKYBAR team and Corendon Hotels & Resorts? Continue reading!
Your job and working environment
On weekends and during weeknights, the SKYBAR 747 will be thé most popular place in the surrounding of Schiphol and Amsterdam to enjoy a delicious cocktail, a high tea or a delicious dinner. The SKYBAR 747 will open mid-December with a grand opening planned in late January. As Bartender you’ll be part of the opening team. You’re the central figure behind the bar and responsible for creating the right atmosphere. You enthusiastically welcome guests, advise about drinks and food, take orders and prepare drinks, cocktails and luxury dishes. Paying, cleaning and keeping the bar in a presentable state is also part of your responsibilities, just like taking care of the ‘mise en place’. In addition, you will deal with administrative tasks associated with this job, such as checking and justifying the used products and depositing money in the prescribed manner. You report to the Head Bartender and you are part of the entire F&B team in the hotel.
What do you get from us?
- A unique opportunity to be part of a new team in a new Skybar;
- An alternating and challenging job;
- A stylish, dynamic and international working environment;
- A competitive salary;
- Room for initiative and room to be yourself;
- The opportunity to develop yourself;
- Carreer possibilities within the Corendon group;
- An employer who highly valuates sustainability;
- Special discounts for yourself ánd family and friends;
- ‘Never a dull moment’
What do we expect from you?
- You have a minimum of 2 years experience in fine dining;
- You are in possession of a MBO degree and Social Responsibility degree;
- You are capable of exceeding the expectations of the guests;
- You are able to make decisions independently;
- You are passionate about service and hospitality;
- You communicate in an open, honest and respectful way;
- You are flexible and willing to work in shifts among which evening- and weekend shifts;
- You speak fluent English and preferably Dutch or another 2nd language;
- You are living in or nearby Amsterdam.
Yes, I want this job!
Do you want to become our new Bartender? Send your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org in which you tell us why you’re the ideal candidate for this job. We contact you as soon as possible.